What We Do
PMH Cymru takes a family approach to perinatal mental health difficulties by offering a 'wrap around' service, prevention and early intervention in the community
PMH Cymru is supported by and supports APP, Mind Cymru, Two in Mind, Sherman 5, PND & Me and NCMH
PMH Cymru is endorsed by Cardiff North MP Craig Williams, Cardiff North AM Julie Morgan and the All Wales perinatal mental health steering committee
PMH Cymru Mission Statement
Our Mission is to ensure the protection and promotion of health and well being, amongst parents and parents to be in Wales, suffering from or at risk of perinatal and/or mental health difficulties and/or associated substance misuse.
PMH Cymru Aims
- To provide a family service for perinatal and parental mental health and substance misuse prevention and early intervention in Wales.
- To support those with a lived experience of mental health difficulties and/or past history of substance misuse to access training, paid employment, volunteering and peer support opportunities.
- To support parents in their recovery from perinatal mental health and substance misuse issues and help them to sustain a good quality of life in recovery.
- To provide a safe environment for parents and affected family members to talk openly about mental health, perinatal mental health (PMH) and substance misuse recovery.
- To deliver courses that have been proven to help those with mental health difficulties
- To provide volunteer positions within the community, to offer training and support to our volunteers.
- To offer family time support groups open to all in the community
PMH Cymru Core Values
We are passionate about what we do and care about each individual.
We work in partnership with others so as to best achieve our mission.
We are innovative, effective and results driven.
We enable people to make informed decisions about their lives, and to remain living independently in recovery.
We are authoritative, trusted and quality orientated.
Do you like what you see?
If so, why not contact PMH Cymru about our volunteering oppurtunities, we welcome applications from all backgrounds, training is provided and we have a great team of people you'll get to meet too!
Want to start a support group in your area? Please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!